I've never lived in a country with a king. Although I respect my government, I doubt our government system is anything like kingdoms...especially back in Jesus times.
I was reminded today that Jesus is my king. This is a hard concept to grasp since I haven't lived in a kingdom before. But if I think about Israel when they were free from Egypt and they wanted a king and God said "I'm your king" but they said they wanted an earthly king...and then it didn't go well.
I try to be my own queen. I'll do what I want when I want it. Isn't this how many of us live? Do we truly follow the king? If he asks something of us, do we say yes? I am willing to guess that in Jesus' time, when a king asked people to do something, they had to do it. If they didn't, they likely were imprisoned or killed. How gracious is our king? SO gracious! But I don't want to be known for treason. I obviously don't make a great queen. I better let God be the king in my life. Gosh this is hard sometimes. But he is GOD. Who are we to say no to God?
No comments:
Post a Comment