Matthew 6:21 -
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
I've never made the connection with discipline and where my heart is at. BUT discipline is easy when your heart’s there.
If you want something bad enough, you'll go after it at whatever cost. You want that new TV you can't afford? You either work hard and save your money or you buy it on credit. You'll do whatever it takes if you want that TV. If you love somebody and are dating them long distance, you'll travel to see them as often as possible, no matter how long the plane/train/car ride, because you love them. If you want a baby but are infertile you'll go through the grueling process of infertility (if possible), to try for a baby.
It makes sense that if you love something or someone enough, you'll do whatever it takes AND it's not a major sacrifice but a joy.
What a conviction this is to me today. I know that most times I'd rather be on the internet then spend quality time with God. Why? Because obviously I love the internet more than God. Maybe you disagree but it's the truth. Sometimes I'd rather clean than spend time with God...which is sad because I don't really like cleaning that much.
It's time I ask the Holy Spirit to help me put my heart in the right place! Where is your treasure?
No comments:
Post a Comment