As I sit here and reflect on the last 5 years of my life, I feel like I have so much to say. We're about to embark on a new journey in a different city and leave behind beautiful Guelph.
What can I say about my time in Guelph? For starters, I learned so much more about the Holy Spirit than I have in the past. I didn't really know or understand His role in my life prior to living here. But through different friends, Bible studies, sermons, pastors, etc. I got to know Him. I hear God more directly than I have before. I understand better His desire to be personal with me. I've had visions, prophecies, seen people healed, heard angels sing and followed God. I still have a long way to go but I feel confident leaving Guelph that I know God more personally than when I first came to Guelph.
This city is where our 2 beautiful boys were born. After 3 years of infertility, some friends fasted and prayed over me and the next month I conceived Jace. God healed me in Guelph. It is also in this city that God taught me about His healing power. After Nathan's brother was in a motorcycle accident that left him paralyzed and after God healed me of infertility I needed to know the truth about healing. Why did God heal me of infertility? What does that mean for other people? What does He want? So I chased after the truth and learned a lot. It put me out of my comfort zone. I prayed for strangers and family and friends. Some were healed, some were not. I will keep pressing on.
I met so many amazing people in Guelph. Other moms. Home church people. Christians. Non-Christians. Awesome neighbours. People who supported us. People who became friends who quickly turned into family. People who babysat for us for free. People who came over when I was going crazy with a baby. People who made us meals or cleaned for us when times were tough. People I will never forget. People I will miss dearly. People I love.
We moved to Guelph originally because Nathan got a youth pastor position. We learned a lot. We made mistakes. We hope God used us despite our mistakes. After 2 years of being a pastor, God changed our views about church and how it is done. Because of that, Nathan stepped down from his position. After some time passed, God confirmed (3 or 4 times) that we should start a house church. We did. We had no idea what we were doing. Now that we're finished home church, I wonder how effective we were. It's easier for me to look at our shortcomings then it is to look at our strengths. Again, we learned a lot. We made mistakes. But I think God did use us despite all of it.
The next chapter in our life doesn't surprise me but it's always a roller coaster ride with God. What do you do when the God of the universe asks you to pack up and move cities with no job? You do it! It's a whole long story but the gist of it is, we had confirmation from God to go, so we go. The good news is, before getting there, Nathan did get a job offer for a 1 month position. A position he's technically not qualified for. Hello God! Always taking care of us. Beyond August, who knows what is next. All I know is that God is working and we're doing our best to obey.
I'm going to miss Guelph. The city atmosphere. The mayor. The fact that I could walk to the river in the forest with my boys and play in it. The 12 parks within walking distance. The early years. The library. My friends. My street and neighbours. My house. The health focus of the city. The fact that little shops can flourish in a city with big chained stores. My No Excuse Moms. My playgroup moms. The splash pad. So many memories. So many friends. I am sad to leave this chapter of life but excited for the next.
Beside the obvious changes of city, job, etc etc etc. we have other big changes coming up too. I'll be turning 30 this year! woo woo. I can't wait for a new decade. I'm pumped to be 30. Jace also starts JK this September. We'll be home schooling him, so that will also be a big change. Nathan needs to find a job for September. I'm also super excited to live near my family. My parents will only be 35 minutes away instead of 90! YESSS. Words can't describe my excitement to be near them. We'll also be a 1 minute walk away from my aunt and uncle and cousins. It'll be awesome getting to know them more and doing life with them.
Off we go!
No comments:
Post a Comment