Today marks the day Donald Trump officially enters office as president of the USA. A few months back I had a dream (before he won the election) that he won the election. Shortly after he won, I randomly bumped into him in a building. I don't know what building it was. I just know I saw him there. I congratulated him on his win and that was it. But what wasn't said, was clear. The man was lonely. Even though he was in the most powerful position in the country, he was sad.
Listen I don't agree with everything the man has said or stands for. I don't know if he will lead the country well or not. A lot of people say he will start WW3. He might but I doubt it. What I do know is this, God loves Donald Trump. He loved Donald enough to send Jesus for him. Donald Trump is NOT too far gone to be saved by God. Anybody can turn to God and be saved. Anybody. Your average person could do it, a murderer could do it, a crack addict could do it, and the president of the United States could do it. I'm sad to see so many Christians bashing Trump. He is a man that God loves. We are called to love him too. Disagreeing with the man is fine. But saying rude comments or making assumptions about him is another. Where is the love? Where is the prayer? He doesn't need our support in terms of agreeing with him. What he needs and doesn't know it is Jesus. The likelihood of me actually meeting Donald Trump is super slim. I doubt the dream was to show me I'll actually meet the man. I think it was to show me that he is human too. Perhaps in his loneliness (if he is actually lonely) and greed and rude comments is a man who is scared because he doesn't know the meaning of life. He doesn't know love. So he hides under this persona.
We all need to love the man by praying for him, Congratulations Donald Trump. I hope you lead the US well. I will be praying for you.
With love,
Julie
Absolutely Julie. Each time I hear a christian complaining, ridiculing etc I also say God wants us to pray for Trump and Trudeau, in fact all world leaders. Jesus changed a Saul to Paul and He can do the same with Trump, AMEN!!!
ReplyDelete