Answer these questions:
1) How many hours a day do you spend in front of a computer (not counting for school work or your job)?
2) How many hours do you spend with God...through prayer, worship and reading the Bible?
Time alone shows our hearts. I wake up and almost daily I immediately go on Facebook. Is this wrong? No. But I am doing it before I even speak to God some days.
Again I'm not saying technology is wrong...but I'm saying my heart puts technology first. I am a slave to Facebook, email, internet games, TV, music, etc....when I should be a slave to Jesus. Maybe I should go on a technology fast... except for school work of course.
I'm wondering how many of us REALLY spend time with God daily? If you follow somebody...you have to know them...and to know them...you have to spend time with them. Sunday church and mid-week programs is not enough. We can learn about God...but we can learn about movie stars or musicians too. I can learn about Lady Gaga in the news and I can read about her...but I will never know her. I don't want to do this with God. I don't want to know about him...I want to KNOW Him.
The god of technology has taken over and the ironic thing is that Christians don't even know they are serving it. You're in or you're out...you can't have two masters....so choose. The God of the Bible or technology?
No comments:
Post a Comment