Over the past few months I have been challenged to think about my walk with God and have heard numerous times...that as a follower of Christ, you're either all in or all out. This middle ground business shouldn't exist. Yet somehow I think most of us in North America are middle ground. Comfortable. Do we actually pick up our cross daily? I don't.
I'm wondering how many of us are just observing Christianity and signed up to be a comfortable Christian and how many of us are actual followers of Christ...because although to be a follower we need to confess with our lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead..you will be saved. But what about turning the other cheek? What about picking up your cross daily? How IN are we? I think I sit on the fence often..and I want off. I don't want to be comfortable...I don't think we're called to be comfortable.
Time to pick up my cross. Will you follow him or will you just observe and sit on the fence. You have to choose. You can't be on the fence...you're in or you're out. The choice is yours. Don't say you're in if you're really not.
No comments:
Post a Comment