I heard a sermon today by a guy who went through a REALLY tough time a few years ago. He lost both of his jobs within 3 weeks. (This was during the recession in The States). He also found out he had cancer and many people he loved passed away. HE couldn't find work and he and his wife and 2 kids had to move in with his parents. He then moved away from his family to take work in a different state before finding something more permanent.
He learned that as a Christian he needs to wait aggressively instead of passively. He needs to be in prayer. He needs to realize God may want to change his heart and not his situation. What could he learn from everything? Would he go deeper with God or get weaker?
These are all questions we can ask ourselves as tough times come our way. I don't have a situation that comes anything close to what he went through. But I do have a brother-in-law who has been paralysed for 2 years and we're waiting for him to be healed. I haven't been waiting aggressively. I've been waiting passively. I ask God to change the situation all the time. But what are we learning as a family? What am I learning individually? Am I growing closer to God through this time. I don't think so because I've been so passive. I want to go deeper and not get weaker.
No comments:
Post a Comment