Sigh. I just love a good reminder that everything isn't all about me ;) Note the sarcasm. I am pretty selfish for sure. But today's sermon reminded me that life isn't all about me. It's about Jesus. Perhaps the good and the bad in my life is to point to Jesus. Instead of focusing on the bad, focus on the good IN the bad. How can this point to Jesus? I can only imagine how difficult this would be in SUPER tough situations.
Anyway I haven't spent time in prayer right and feel the need to really do so in order for things to sink in. If I just listen to a sermon it's a good message...but it's not life changing necessarily when I hear it. I need to go before God and allow him to speak to me and transform me. I should probably read Luke 9 again too. Everything is only 'half finished' until I pray and get on my knees before God.
No comments:
Post a Comment