Friday, 1 August 2014

AUGUST 1, 2014 - DAY 52 (relationship)

When Jesus walked this earth, he did everything as man and not as God....although he was still fully God. He did everything out of the intimate relationship he had with the Father and with being led by the Holy Spirit.

So if I'm to follow Jesus' example...I need to be in an intimate relationship with the Father and led by the Holy Spirit too. So how do I do this? Because JUST reading the Bible or praying (by talking TO God) doesn't always work.

So I asked God. How do I do this? How do we build intimacy? His response?

"Don't do, just be."

and

"Stop, stop, stop, don't do, just be. Listen. My voice is gentle and loving. Not harsh. When you feel guilt or shame, that's not from me. Practice sitting and being still. You'll hear me. It'll come through."

I know I still need to pray and listen. I know I still need to read the Bible. But sitting still and listening for God....phew that's work sometimes. Our society doesn't teach sitting still and listening very well. Even though school and church does this, it's hard! So much to distract us.

Anyway, a good reminder that if I want to be like Jesus, I need to be Spirit led and in an intimate relationship with the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment