Things don't always go to 'plan' for Christians. We maybe expect to go through life without persecution, without problems, etc. I don't know. We are surprised when we end up with cancer. We're surprised when our spouse passes away. I'm not saying things don't catch us off guard...these things catch EVERYBODY off guard. But what I am saying is that Christians don't expect bad things to happen to them. Why would God allow cancer when we follow him so faithfully?
But what about John the Baptist? He gave his WHOLE life t the Lord and then his head was cut off and obviously he died. What about him? He didn't get the wife or the house. He was homeless. He didn't even get regular food...though I have no idea if that was by choice or not.
Maybe things always won't be peachy in our lives. For many people things are going very poorly right now. A friend of mine just lost her husband a few months ago. A couple I know can't get themselves out of debt and things keep breaking down more and more.
This is difficult for me to write because I'm not one of those people right now. Things are going quite well. Maybe I will never have to go through something hard. I don't know. So I don't know what my response would be when they do happen.
What I can say now (NOT going through a hard time) is that God is enough - he's MORE than enough. But I don't know if I could say that if my husband died or my kids. I don't know. And so all I can do is ask God to transform me daily and IF something terrible happens....I'll still be able to praise the Lord and say he is enough. I hope to never find out....but God is God and he allows things to happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment