Wednesday, 6 August 2014

AUGUST 6, 2014 - DAY 57 (dogs VS cats)

Something I am trying to learn lately is what it means to truly have a relationship WITH God. I know I'm a Christ follower and I've read much of the Bible and spent time in prayer talking TO God. But what about hearing God? What about allowing the Holy Spirit to teach me.

These concepts are all new to me. I don't want to know about God...I want to know him. So thus began my journey. This is a reoccurring theme for me which is great because it means God is teaching me about it. I was thinking about my blog and how it seems so scattered and with no real theme. But the truth of the matter the whole theme is God teaching me to be in relationship with him. Today was no different.

I asked God specifically, "what do you want to say to me today?" And he taught me about cats and dogs. Cats get what they need from their owners. They get food, water, a fresh litter box and cuddles. But they are typically very independent. They will come to you when they feel like it. You can't just call them and they will come running. (This is a general rule....I realize some cats love attention more than others.)  Whereas most dogs are opposite of this. They LOVE their owners. They cannot wait for their owner to get home. They can get everything they need from their owner but want to do those things in relationship. Dogs like to play but want you to play with them. Cats usually play on their own. Dogs are more excited you are home then they are to get supper. They could just go out in the backyard but they like to go on a walk with you.

God said I'm being like a cat and need to be more like a dog. I go to him when convenient but need to desire him all day long. When I don't feel him around I need to long for him. I need to have joy when I acknowledge his presence. I need to do life with God. I need to have my needs met by him but in doing so in relationship.

Ah I feel like I'm not conveying this very well. Oh well. The point is that I need more of God and more relationship with God ALL the time and not just when I want it. Hopefully to anybody who might read this...it'll make sense.

1 comment: