Monday, 14 July 2014

JULY 14, 2014 - DAY 34 (others)

 I have spent most of the last month focused on myself when it comes to my 'God times'. I am learning so much and God is definitely speaking to me. But my prayers are often self-focused. 

Today I am visiting a friend. She asked me for some advice and typically I would just bust out whatever comes to mind and hope that it is wisdom and that God will use it. But I told her I would pray about it and get back to her. So I did. Although I didn't not sit quietly before the Lord for long....many thoughts came flooding in and I wrote them down. I could easily take the thoughts for my own life because it would be practical for me too. I haven't shared them with her yet as she isn't home yet but I feel good about them. I hope the thoughts encourage her and not make her feel bad (some of them are rebukes...). Anyway, I need to learn to sit and be still before God and I don't know if I listened enough or not. Maybe I am being religious by thinking I need to spend so much time before the Lord in order for what I hear to be legit. I always have expectations about what is enough and what isn’t. So I feel bad I didn’t spend more time in prayer but I feel confident that what I heard was from God. I suppose the only way to find out is to share the thoughts with my friend and see if the Holy Spirit impacts her or not. If not, perhaps I missed it. Anyway I want to be somebody who sits before the Lord and can spend hours in prayer like it is only minutes But since I didn’t do that today, I will not feel guilty or let religion get the better of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment