Some days I genuinely don't know what to write. I didn't have anything life altering happen today during my hour and I didn't necessarily learn anything new. I didn't hear God so obvious and I didn't have my emotions altered or my heart turned to worship so easily. It just was.
I heard a sermon on Jesus' temptations in the wilderness. One thing I really liked hearing (and was reminded of..) was that Jesus was always a one track mind kind of man. He was always focused on the Father and doing the Father's work. This got me thinking about my life and how I'm not one track minded. I worry about cleaning the house and taking care of my son and if I get enough alone time with my husband. I think of all the errands we need to run, the stuff we have to get done before the baby is born and hanging out with friends. Even though we can't escape what needs to be done in life (we can't avoid work and errands, etc.) BUT it can still be all for the glory of God. It can still be while listening to the Holy Spirit. Maybe while I run my errands, I can worship the Lord and maybe he has a mission for me. Who knows? If I wasn't so focused on me and what I need to do....and rather focused on him, maybe I'd hear him more. Maybe I would do his work more. Maybe I'd have more joy and less stress.
Besides Jesus being one track minded and a good example, I was also reminded of the fact that although Jesus IS God, he didn't act out in his Godness when on earth. He acted out only as human. Which is GREAT NEWS! Because if Jesus acted as he did as God, then I would have nothing to try to strive toward. I'll never be God after all. But since EVERYTHING Jesus did was as a man in relationship with the Father and the help of the Holy Spirit...that means I too can live like Jesus.
So what did I get out of today's hour? The fact that I need to be focused on God and ONLY God throughout the day and that I can be like Jesus and do as he did with the intimacy I have with the Father and the help of the Holy Spirit. Just some good reminders today.
No comments:
Post a Comment