Not much to write today. I listened to a sermon on Luke 4 about Jesus being rejected in his home town Nazareth. I love that he tells people that he is the Messiah through reading Scripture form Isaiah and the people are not upset. However they get upset when Jesus essentially tells them what kind of Messiah he will be. He has come not just for the Jews but the Gentiles too. He won't be the Messiah they expect. I love it. They obviously didn't since they tried to kill him and weren't able to.
Later I rocked out to this song and loved it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGBIlzEVfo
I love how beautiful God is. The sermon fits with the song because of just how beautiful Jesus is.
Luke 4:18-19 - "The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
How great is THIS! AND the other good news is that this is our job now too since we too have the Spirit. LOVE IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment