Hmmm. The GOOD NEWS is that although today is day 27...and I still don't feel like my hour with God is a lifestyle yet. I am hearing his voice more. Man I wish for MORE of God. I wish or more visions and dreams and physical presence (I have felt God as a wind in the past for a small season....I long for more of that but haven't felt God like that since last year..) I wish for open visions and writings on the wall (I've heard of people who God has literally written to them on the wall OR written them a note on the computer.) Other people have had Jesus visit them in the physical. Others have been electrocuted, etc, Although I haven't had any major significant time in the past 27 days, God is definitely speaking.
This morning I was in and out of sleep and praying at the same time and was praying for my marriage. God revealed to me some MORE control issues I have in my life. Control is an on-going struggle for me. Anyway the reveal was SO great. Of course nobody wants to hear where they can improve and what they're doing wrong...but lately when God reveals things to me, it's so gentle and loving and the way it is presented makes me WANT to change. It's so good.
I also spent time reading my book (I have no desire to really hash that out) but the theme was basically that as Christians we should be living out how we'll live in Heaven...NOW on this earth. "Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven." Matthew 6:10 There is no violence in Heaven, so we should live in peace. There is pure joy in Heaven, so we should be joyful now, etc. It was a great reminder and a new perspective for me.
I also re-read 2 Peter and didn't get much out of it. I knew I wasn't spending any major effort on it and so wasn't trying to study it or anything. But it is good to re-read so I can KNOW the Scriptures and also dwell on them over time.
Lastly I spent some time in prayer. I won't say about what but God did reveal some things to me which was very great.
So day 27 feels like a good success. Maybe God doesn't speak to me loudly and it usually sounds like my voice....but it is always positive, it comes out of nowhere and would not be a thought I would typically have and therefore am trusting it is from God. I hope to have times on intimacy with God that are more obvious....if that makes any sense. But for now I am grateful God is speaking.
No comments:
Post a Comment