Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
James 2:17 - In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
Tonight was all about faith. I have faith in God and therefore I am a Christian. I have assurance that one day when I die, I'll be in Heaven. But I also have the assurance that since I am a follower of Christ, I also have God with me all the time.
As I was thinking about faith and Hebrews 11:1, I was thinking about faith in other areas of Christianity. Do I truly have faith that God heals? If I did, I would be praying over people more often for sure. I very rarely pray over strangers who need prayer for a healing because I don't have the faith they will be healed. If I believed they would be healed but didn't pray, my faith is actually dead. (See James 2) You can't have faith without action. Action is just an outcome of the faith.
Tonight I was also challenged on areas where I have not submitted to God. I won't post my list because it's personal to me. But there are definitely areas God wants me to submit. Some areas are easier to submit than others. But some areas are SO difficult to submit. I've held onto things for YEARS. One thing is for sure, I can't just submit without God's help! But that doesn't mean I sit around waiting for him to do something while I do nothing. It's a partnership. So my plan is to do my best to submit in the moment when I know he is asking me to and also to seek after him daily and ask for help daily or as often as I think of it. This will be difficult but with His help, they are possible. Life would be a lot better if I just submitted...so why I am so stubborn and hold on is beyond me. It's really dumb actually.
No comments:
Post a Comment