Thursday, 17 July 2014

JULY 17, 2014 - DAY 37 (All for Him)

The Supremacy of the Son of God

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the first-born over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.  He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.  And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the first-born from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.  For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.  But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—  if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant. (Colossians 1:15-23)

The reality is that EVERYTHING is by God, for God and to God. Nothing is for us. Nothing can be done by us without God. We are nothing compared to Him. Look at how good Jesus is. Then look at us. Perhaps we don't feel evil because we compare ourselves to murderers or rapists or really evil people. But compared to God? We are SO evil. Nothing in the text says ANYTHING about us being good. The only reason we are reconciled is because of Jesus. Lest we forget this. Lest we forget that we too are saved by grace and no better than others who we think are super evil and un-savable. 
My Mom reminded me today that I need to worship God whether I feel like it or not. Whether I have any energy to do so or not. Of course I don't want to do things for God in begrudging submission...I want to do it our of love. But lately with being so exhausted it has been hard. I'm not going to lie. I spend a lot of my prayer time asking God for help to get through the day. My exhaustion is extreme. Sometimes I am unsure of how I will make the day. Today I was afraid I'd sit my son in front of the TV...ALL DAY. I didn't - thank God. But I would of if I absolutely had to. But God gave me the strength to take my son outside for a few hours. We need to worship whether we want to or not. Because God deserves it. I'll leave it at that. So this week I will try to worship God, whether I feel like it or not, because he is worthy, even in tough times.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Julie! Keeping you in prayer, both for strength for you, and that you would continue to worship in the midst of this weak time!
    Your vulnerability and honesty in your posts have caused me to look at my life, heart and walk, and I'm trying to make some changes. Thank you for letting God use you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks Emma! That means a lot to me. I didn't know you were still reading my blogs here and there. I really appreciate that you would pray for me! I can use all the prayer I can get these days....I won't lie! Also, it is neat that God is using me. I feel so weak these days and unusable. Maybe that is why I can be used! Like Paul writes "when I am weak then I am strong". God is so cool.

      Delete